Next I got brave and tried an app designed for Moodle on the iPad. MoodlEZ is meant to help with uploading and managing files.
Initially I wasn’t sure if there was a problem with the download and I wrote to the team who created the app. It was easy to write to them via the email link within the app and their response was quick and helpful. So I was able to get access to my Moodle.
Then I tried to upload a video into a webpage via MoodlEZ with my reliable connection at home. These are the steps I took.
- Record video via Camera app
- Upload video in Dropbox
- Open video in MoodlEZ so that it is stored in the file list in inbox
- Go to Files
- Go to upload this file page and click on upload this file
- Go to web page
- Go to insert/edit embedded media
- Choose your media player eg. windows media player
- Choose video from your file library to upload
No success. The player uploaded but no video. Very frustrating! Not sure if there was a problem with the steps I took or with the Moodles site?
Will keep you posted but if you have any suggestions please tell.
Meanwhile for app reviews in education check out these great sites http://teachercast.net/media/AppReviews/ and http://www.ipadsforeducation.vic.edu.au/education-apps